As chief professional body in the nation’s capital, Prospanica DC aims to become the chief connector to resources, information, and pathways to professional development for Hispanics in the DC Metropolitan area. Prospanica is an independent 501(c) (6) organization with a local membership of more than 1,500 professionals and a network of more than 30,000 across 40 chapters in the nationwide.
Prospanica DC is looking for more chapter Board members in the DC, MD, and VA metro area to help advance the organization’s mission of increasing the number of Hispanics graduating from master’s degree programs through education and professional development. Prospanica works to prepare Hispanics for leadership positions throughout the U.S., so that they can provide the cultural awareness and sensitivity vital in the management of the nation's diverse workforce. This is a great opportunity to gain board experience and enhance your leadership skills and professional experience. Come be a part of our team and make a difference!
Apply to a Chapter Board position today!
To apply to a board position, please email us a brief statement of interest and your resume to WashingtonDC.President@propsanica.org and WashingtonDC.Secretary@prospanica.org.
Currently seeking the following positions:
Compliance Chair (1 position)
- Assist the VP of Compliance in keeping of a full and complete record of the proceedings of the Chapter meetings and shall have such other powers and duties as may be prescribed by the Board from time to time
- Ensure that Chapter board is in compliance with National's code of conduct and bylaws, and maintain and update board roster
- Assists in the administration of the monthly board meeting minutes
- Assists in the administration of the Board/Chair Roster
- Assists in the administration of the Annual Compliance Requirements, By‐laws and Code of Conducts for both the IRC 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(6)
Corporate Relations Chair (3 positions)
- Assist the VP of Corporate Relations to set target sponsorship revenue goals
- Work with Treasurer to ensure sponsorship receivables are invoiced and collected o set a “profit” target for each event and work with Treasurer to detail a Profit/Loss statement for each event
- Keep the President and board informed on a timely basis of all items/issues surrounding “sponsorship”
- Manage local partnerships and plan all corporate sponsored events and ensure everything is organized at each event
Digital Media/Marketing Chair (1 position)
- Assists the VP of Marketing and Chapter Board with leveraging all of the website and social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram) capabilities to its full capacity on multiple platforms while at events
- Experience in managing content with a Web Content Management System (CMS)
- Write and edit materials for a variety of sources including website media, social media, articles, and reports
- Promote events, job postings, and training opportunities as well as any Board initiative
- Provides marketing support for each key event, such as distributing e‐letters, e‐blasts, Chapter communications
Government Relations Chair (1 chair)
- Assists the VP Government Relations in Federal Government outreach and developing new partnerships.
- Coordinate Federal sector related events, promote Federal job postings, and training opportunities as well as any other team initiative.
- Act as a liaison between several Federal agencies and the Board.
- Assists the VP of Membership in creating plans to manage and carry out activities designed to deepen the value of membership for both institutions and individuals
- Develop localized Membership retention and satisfaction strategies
- Develops relevant communications with Chapter Board for each member audience using both traditional and electronic means
- Assist with creating reports and packages to be sent to potential and existing partners using data sent from National
- Must reside in the DC, VA, or MD metropolitan area
- Willingness and availability to dedicate at least 15 hrs. per month for chapter internal and external activities
- Leadership, technical and personal competencies a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills preferred
- Passionate about networking with talented professionals and corporate representatives in DC
Note: The potential candidates should reside and stay in DC, MD, or VA metropolitan area for at least 6 months upon appointment.